Plastic Pollution Coalition is a global alliance of individuals, organizations and businesses working together to stop plastic pollution and its toxic impacts on humans, animals and the environment.
With its work, Plastic Pollution seeks to put plastic pollution at the forefront of global social, environmental and political discourse.
Plastic Pollution Coalition Strategic Goals
To achieve its mission, Plastic Pollution Coalition has defined the following strategic goals:
- End the global dependence on disposable plastic, the primary source of plastic pollution;
- Reduce the overall global plastic footprint for individuals, businesses and organizations;
Achieving these strategic goals requires collaboration on a global scale between individuals, organizations, businesses and policy-makers to raise awareness and improve understanding of the complex problem of plastic pollution; to create solutions; and to pursue these solutions relentlessly, with a sense of utmost urgency.
Plastic Pollution Coalition Core Initiatives
Educate and inform. Elevate the discourse about plastic pollution to the forefront of the public attention; deliver access to information about all aspects of plastic pollution and their interconnections;
Connect globally. Connect all involved parties—local communities, environmental organizations, public health organizations, environmental justice organizations, individuals and businesses—to each other in their work to end plastic pollution;
(1) Encourage, inspire and support individuals, organizations and businesses to end their dependence on disposable plastic, and to reduce their plastic footprint;
(2) Encourage, inspire and support plastic product manufacturers to own the end of life of their products; to invest in truly biodegradable products; and to self-regulate the output of non-biodegradable matter;
(3) Encourage, inspire and support the creation of economic incentives for businesses willing to invest in plastic alternatives; legislation that curbs irresponsible proliferation of disposable plastic;
(4) Encourage, inspire and support international leaders to form global alliances against plastic pollution